Do I need to seal my Avaire tile or flexible grout?
No, Avaire Flexible Grout is self-sealing but will still require periodic cleaning; especially in high traffic areas. Soft Scrub with Bleach and a soft-bristled brush will remove the accumulated dirt.
How do I clean my Avaire floor?
Regular sweeping or vacuuming of the floor and promptly cleaning up spills will ensure your Avaire floor looks its best. For deep cleaning, a mild detergent type cleaner designed for cleaning porcelain tile should be used.
Should Avaire be cleaned using an enzyme cleaner?
No. In certain situations (primarily when coming into contact with edible oils or animal fats), enzyme cleaners can breakdown Avaire Flexible Grout.
When applying grout in vet offices, or areas where urine will "stand" for a period of time before cleaning, should grout be sealed?
While Avaire Flexible Grout responds well when exposed to urine for a short amount of time, it may be beneficial to seal your floor in environments where it may "stand" for a longer period of time.
How long should I wait before allowing pets on the Avaire floor?
Avaire Flexible Grout is most vulnerable to stain while in the curing stage. It is recommended that pet traffic is minimized within the first week of grout application.
What type of cleaner can be used for cleaning stubborn stains (tomato paste, wine, mustard, etc) on Avaire Flexible Grout?
We recommend using a cleaning product like Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleaner. It is important to clean these substances as quickly as possible after spill occurs.
Can I use a steam cleaner to clean my floor?
Steam cleaners are not recommended.
Are there any products I should avoid when cleaning my URETHANE grout?
Yes. Vinegar, steam cleaners and enzyme cleaners should not be used when cleaning urethane grout.
I did not do grout clean up until the following day. What will take off the grout haze once the grout is dried?
For Avaire® Urethane Flexible Grout, use Krud Kutter® Orginal or Krud Kutter® Tough Task Remover (available at home improvement centers) to remove grout haze (see video below).
Removing Grout Haze: Urethane
® Acrylic Flexible Grout, use the cleaning process as listed below. Note: In both cases, avoid letting cleaner come into contact with the grout.
- Use a nylon scrubber pad and one of the following household cleaners:
- Windex® Original (with Ammonia)
- Goof Off® Stain and Spot Remover Professional Strength
- Apply product to scrubber pad and spread over the entire surface of the tile, avoiding grout lines. If product gets in grout lines, remove by wiping
with a clean, dry rag.
- Allow product to soak for approximately 5 minutes.
- Scrub the tile surface vigorously with the scrubber pad to loosen haze, taking care to
ensure product does not get into grout lines. If
product gets in the grout lines, remove with a clean, dry, terry cloth rag.
- Remove product from tile surface with a clean, dry, terry cloth rag.
- Rinse affected tile surface area with clean water and a damp sponge.
- Repeat process as necessary until grout haze is removed from tile surface.