Can I reinstall my Avaire floor in another location?
Yes. Avaire can be disassembled and reinstalled in another location. Before reinstalling, the old grout will need to be removed using a utility knife.
I dropped a cast iron pan on my Avaire floor, and a tile chipped. How do I replace it?
A Avaire Tile that becomes damaged can be replaced using the following method:
- Remove the grout from the perimeter of the broken tile. This may be done by using a grout cutter. When doing this, use caution not to chip the surrounding tiles.
- Once the grout has been removed, carefully cut the downward facing tabs attached to 3 of the 4 surrounding sides using a utility knife. Be sure to use appropriate care and safety equipment while using the utility knife.
- After the tabs have been cut, carefully remove the broken tile by lifting and pulling away from the uncut side. Use caution not to damage the surrounding tiles.
- Apply a layer of premium construction adhesive (recommended: PL Premium) to the back of the new tile, and then set it into position. Snap the new tile into place, and then firmly press down to ensure a flush placement.
- Once the adhesive cures, apply Avaire Flexible Grout.
A section of my grout has become discolored, can I repair it?