PDA

View Full Version : Floor heat

Avaire Archive
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Author: Jon
Date: 2/19/2009 11:26 am EDT
My bathroom is not large enough to use Quiet Warmth under Avaire tiles. I understand I can use any other floor heating system that does not exceed 115 degrees but do I need to install the other types of heating systems in mortar or thinset?

Avaire Archive
Author: Chris
Date: 2/19/2009 2:26 pm EDT
Quiet Warmth works great under Avaire flooring but if the area won't allow you to use it most any heated floor system will work. typically there is a wire that is installed on the floor and it's encapsulated with a layer of self leveling underlayment. most electrical contractors can install this or there are quite a few that are easy to install and available at most home centers.

Avaire Archive
Author: Journeyman
Date: 2/21/2009 4:44 pm EDT
None of the "wire-type" floor heating systems designed for under tile use get up to 115 degrees that I am aware of. Typically they all will heat the floor to about 84 degrees, which is plenty. The other wire-type systems must be buried in a mortar to create the thermal mass necessary to heat the floor evenly and efficiently.

Quiet Warmth is the Avaire reccomendation and should probably be used but it isn't mandatory.