View Full Version : Transitioning to lower flooring

Avaire Archive
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Author: Chad
Date: 5/28/2009 9:40 pm EDT
I have two different rooms where I need to transition from the tile down to carpet in one and the other is hardwood which is lower than the tile. What is the name of the piece I can use to transtion? I would like a wood one for the hardwood and a metal one that looks like wood for the carpet. I tried T molding and obviously that didn't work!
It is about 1/4"-1/2" lower than the tile. thanks!

Avaire Archive
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Author: chris
Date: 5/29/2009 8:30 am EDT
Transitions can be a challenge! The transition to the wood floor if the height is 1/4"- 1/2" lower from the top of the tile then a multi-purpose reducer will work good. Sometimes they are difficult to find in wood but are available at most home centers or flooring retailers in wood grain laminate. I'm not sure where you would find a metal one but the laminate reducers would work there also. Hope this helps.

Avaire Archive
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Author: Erica
Date: 5/30/2009 1:28 pm EDT