Date: 8/2/2008 12:19 am EDT
I have installed the floor but have not grouted it yet as the floor creaks when I walk on it, but it did not creak before I layed the avaire tile should I remove the floor and try again or is there something that needs to be done.
Author: The Avaire Team
Date: 8/2/2008 5:52 pm EDT
Hmmm, that's a new one. Without being there, it hard to determine the root cause of the "creak". Generally speaking, a creak noise will come from the sub-floor - either the decking or joists.
A few questions:
1) Did you remove a prior layer of flooring, or are you going over the top of an existing floor? We've heard of situations where glued-down carpet was removed and the adhesive residue would stick/tear making a noise.
2) What is directly under the Avaire tile?
3) Is the "creak" isolated to one spot, or do you hear it in multiple locations. If somewhat isolated, is it possible the edge of a tile is rubbing on the perimeter somewhere?
4) Are all the interlocking tabs fully engaged throughout the floor? (This should not cause a creaking sound, but still a good idea to verify before you grout).
5) Where does it sound to you like the creak is originating? What other words would you potentially use to describe the sound: e.g., squeak, pop, scrap, tear, swish, rub? I know that may seem like an odd question, but it might help us understand the scenario better.
If you have a digital camera that can shoot video, you could record a short clip and we'd be happy to look/listen. You can send it to email@example.com.
We're definitely open to other ideas or suggestions.
Author: Mark Z
Date: 1/31/2009 12:05 am EDT
I had the same problem with the floor squeaking. I had placed the tile over exisitng linolum and the floor squeeked as the avaire tile flexed over the linoleum. I purchased a couple of rolls of green, foam flooring underlayment and placed it on top of the linoleum and then placed the avaire tile on top. It worked nicely...no more squeaks and it provided a nice underlayment for the avaire tile.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.