Avaire Forum  
Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Archive

Default Bathroom vanity

Author: Eric
Date: 6/6/2008 2:23 am EDT
In a bathroom remodel, why is it necessary to have "all permanently installed cabinets should be in place prior to installion of Avaire tile." It would be easier to tile to the wall as well as raise the vanity an extra 1/2".
Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Archive

Author: The Avaire Team
Date: 6/7/2008 2:40 pm EDT
Eric,

You can place cabinets on Avaire tile if you wish. Make sure the subfloor is flat and stable.

The disadvantage is in the future, if you want to install a different color of Avaire tile, you'll need to pull the cabinets to remove the original tile.

I agree, especially if you are already pulling all the cabinets, it would be easier to install the floor first, and then install the cabinets. Of course, there is extra cost since you are paying for the Avaire tile hidden under the cabinets.

Thank you for your interest in Avaire!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Archive

Author: Paul
Date: 9/16/2008 10:08 pm EDT
Hi there,

I was quite surprised by the answer to this question. I guess because I read where you cannot put a vanity on a floating tile system previously. I completely gutted my bathroom and will be installing a new vanity. This vanity happens to have a "decorative" front where it meets the floor, so it was going to be a pain to tile around. If I can tile underneath the vanity prior to installing the vanity, it would make my life easier. I just want to be reassured that it is in fact ok to install a vanity on top of avaire tile.

Thank you very much,

Paul