Avaire Forum  
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Archive

Default bad rap

Author: Sal
Date: 8/11/2008 2:06 pm EDT
I would love to hear if anyone has had this floor in longer than 2 years. I have heard a lot of negative things about avaire tile and am starting to second guess my purchase. Is this anoth Edge tile disaster?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Archive

Author: The Avaire Team
Date: 8/11/2008 3:40 pm EDT
Sal,

The first Avaire floors were installed just over two years ago. There weren't as many in the first year as there are now, but I'd be happy to contact some of our first customers and get their permission for you to contact them. I'm not sure if any of them are active users of our discussion board.

I am curious to know where you are hearing negative things about Avaire tile. Have you installed it yourself? Do you know of someone who installed it? Where are you located? Is there a Avaire floor dealer nearby?

The overwhelming majority of our customers tell us they would recommend to friends and family, and would install another Avaire floor (more than 90% respond "yes" to both questions on their warranty registrations). We also randomly contact customers who installed their floor more than 6 months ago and we continue to hear very positive comments.

There are well over 1,000,000 sf of Avaire flooring installed in the field in a broad array of applications. Floors have been down for more than 2 years.

While Avaire, like the other product you mention, is a floating tile system, thats where the similarity ends. Please refer to the following post for a detailed analysis on the differences between Avaire and the other product:

http://boardserver.superstats.com/re...=1&u=SnapStone

I invite you to call me at 866-416-7627 - I'd be happy to discuss in more detail.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Archive

Author: Chris
Date: 8/13/2008 9:40 am EDT
Sal,

I'm an installation manager for a very large retailer and we were offered Edge when it first came out and after researching the product we decided to pass. the concept was good the product had some design flaws.

Because of Edge we spent more time making sure Avaire tile was not only installable but it would perform as promised.So far we are very pleased.

I don't have any jobs that are two years old but we have installed thousands of square feet and very confident there won't be any issues.

let me know if you have any specific concerns and maybe I can help answer them.