Avaire Forum  
Old 06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Archive

Default Apartment living

Author: Vanessa
Date: 6/8/2009 6:32 pm EDT
I live in a rental apartment with ugly vinyl flooring. I would like to install Avaire tile but need to know if I will be able to uninstall when I move out. I'm not so much concerned about preserving the Avaire tiles as much as I am concerned about preserving the ugly vinyl underneath, as it is rented, afterall.

Any input?

Thanks!

Vanessa
Old 06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Archive

Author: chris
Date: 6/9/2009 1:46 pm EDT
Avaire flooring is as easy to remove as it is to install! A couple things to consider. Doing floor prep to ensure the floor is level will have to be done with something like roofing felt paper built up in multiple layers to fill low areas, aslo when grouting the grout will go beyond the tabs to the floor so some type of liner would have to be placed below the tile, you could use the same felt paper that you used for leveling. With any floating floor It's best to undercut door casings, but if you want to return the floor to it's original condition when you move you'll have to cut around the casings and fill the gap with caulk.
When you remove the tile just cut out some of the grout and pry the tile apart. Let me know if you have more questions.Thanks