Avaire Forum  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Archive

Default Avaire tile through entire main floor

Author: Jennifer
Date: 3/13/2008 10:45 am EDT
I am just wondering what the largest sq ft area that you have heard of so far? We purchased 400 sq ft of avaire tile to install on the main level of our home (excluding only the living room). This entails an entry hall, dining room, kitchen, back hall and 1/2 bath. Althought this cost us about $800 more than traditional tile we decided on this product because it can go over the lenolium (sp?). The main floor has an open flow concept and would have been difficult with wall lines and transitions to make a cut off of the tile so we are doing it all. We are going over the existing flooring which we believe to be the original (28+ yrs old). Because of its large area we plan to do it in sections. Would you advise doing all the tile laying throughout this entire area first and then grout OR do sections at a time, grout and then move to the next area?

The reason I am concerned about this is because you cannot get to any other areas of the house without stepping on this area in the front entry hall where we are laying tile. I am curious on your recommendations.

I am also very glad to see how involved you are in responding to customers and their issues. We to were concerned about spending $2,500 on a floor that the technology is so new. Would you like before and after pics of our floor?

Thanks
Jenny