Avaire Forum  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Archive

Default Tiling Small Space by Patio Door

Author: Chris
Date: 3/17/2009 5:06 pm EDT
I put in a dri-core subfloor on top of the concrete in our walk-out basement. I would like to put in a small tile rectangle entryway in front of the patio door using avaire tile (about 9 feet wide by 3 feet deep). The dri-core raised the floor about an inch, and if I put the avaire tile on top, the ending floor height would be higher than the bottom of the door than what I would like. I plan to cut out part of the dri-core for the entryway. If i just put the avaire tile on the concrete, there would be a fairly big height difference between the avaire tile and the finished carpet on top of the dri-core. So, my two questions are:

1) can you recommend some type of underlayment that I can put on top of the concrete so I can raise the avaire tile up a little?

2) if the avaire tile is level with the carpet, will the 9'x3' grid stay in place? Should I try to keep part of the tile lower than the dricore to help hold it in place (like it would be if it were next to a wall)?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.